"Here I Am!"

"Here I Am!"

Kash's New Website

I have begun Kash's new website. You can find the link to his page in the "Favorite Web Pages" section of this blog. This site will be mostly for uploading photos of him, so you can all see how he's growing. I will also occasionally write journal entries about things he has been experiencing. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

19 weeks

STATS:
19 weeks 2 days
Starting weight: 128
Weight: 133
Waist @ bellybutton: 34"
How Big Is The Baby This Week? about the length of a slice of watermelon

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday, everything went well, but I didn't get an ultrasound so that was disappointing. The doctor listened for the baby's heartbeat on the doppler again, she found it on the third try (the first two were mine) and she said the heart rate was about 140 bpm, which is normal. There was also quite a bit of other noises being picked up on the doppler, and she said that was the baby moving around, she even heard a few strong kicks. She says we have a very active baby, though I haven't yet felt the proof. The doctor then measured my fundal height, from my pelvic bone up to my belly button (which is where the top of my uterus is right now), to see how big my uterus has grown. I guess they'll start doing that at each appointment I have from now on to help track the baby's growth. The doctor also gave me the results of my AFP/Triple Screen test. This is a test that they do by drawing my blood and measuring the proteins secreted by the baby's liver. It can screen for neural tube defects, down syndrome, and other birth defects or complications. My test came back negative, which doesn't mean that the baby for sure doesn't have these problems because it is only a screening test, not a diagnostic test. But the chances of the baby having them is extremely low. So that's good to know. The doctor then complemented me on still being able to wear my normal jeans (which of course made me feel good), answered some of my questions, and sent me on my way.

Since I don't have an ultrasound picture to post this time, I figured I'd post some pictures of the nursery furniture we've purchased so far. We purchased these items a few weeks ago but didn't pick up the last piece until Monday. I'll continue to post pictures of the nursery as things are purchased or decorated. So below is the crib (bare with no mattress), the changing table/dresser, and the 5 drawer dresser. The crib converts into a toddler bed, and also into a full size bed, so this furniture can be used for the baby through all the stages of it's life.

1 comment:

Dee said...

AWWW,,, How cute !!!! I love the crib that has to be the coolest item they have came up with so far :) Im proud of you both, OH and you just wait til that baby starts KICKING you and you have the baby all up in one side od the belly, cant wait to see you pregnant and taking some photos if were still on for that. OH and the kicking BTW your gonna miss it when the baby is born,,, LOL