"Here I Am!"

"Here I Am!"

Kash's New Website

I have begun Kash's new website. You can find the link to his page in the "Favorite Web Pages" section of this blog. This site will be mostly for uploading photos of him, so you can all see how he's growing. I will also occasionally write journal entries about things he has been experiencing. Enjoy!

Friday, May 16, 2008

27 weeks

STATS:
27 weeks 2 days
Starting weight: 128
Weight: 144
Waist @ bellybutton: 37.5''
Issues: I think I got my first taste of swollen feet last night. I had to park farther away from my college class than usual, and I think the cause could have been my long walk through the campus in the hot sun with a heavy ass backpack.
How Big Is The Baby This Week? about as heavy as a head of cauliflower (2 pounds).


So I had quite a few doctor's appointments this week. Tuesday I had my normal routine appointment with the OBGYN. Nothing very eventful happened. She asked me how I was feeling, checked the babies heartbeat on the doppler, and measured my uterus. All looked good. I asked her about my diastasis recti and told her about my concern regarding the muscles not fusing back together after the baby's born, and she said that a lot of the time they don't, and even with special exercises they may never go back the way they were. Not what I wanted to hear. But I have now graduated from monthly checkups to bi-weekly checkups, so I'll get to know that everything is still going OK every 2 weeks now.

On Wednesday I had a dermatologist appointment to get a mole checked out that developed a black spot in it. I know it's common for your skin to change during pregnancy, but I've had moles change on me before, and this one didn't look right. The doctor agreed, so I had to have it taken off. I'll find out if it's anything to worry about in about a week. I then asked the doctor if she could write me another prescription for my acne medications, since mine were expiring, she said "sure", and asked me which one's I was taking. I told her. She said "oh, you can't use that while you're pregnant". WHAT!? When I first found out I was pregnant I asked my normal doctor, my OBGYN, and my dermatologist if my acne medicines were still safe to use and they all said yes! That's great. Now I'm afraid I've given my baby an extra finger or something. Although it's unlikely that it did any harm, since the amount of medicine absorbed through my face isn't much, it still pisses me off.

And on Thursday I had another ultrasound to look at Kash's brain again. Did I mention how hot those rooms are? They're freakin hot. The tech spent a lot of time looking at everything again. And the baby wouldn't quit shaking his head so I'm sure that didn't aid in the process. She gave me some pictures, but I've come to find out that the ultrasound techs give really crappy pictures. She gave me two profiles that are kinda grainy, and then she gave me two pictures of the back of his neck. Why the hell would I want a picture of the back his neck? Then the doctor came in to do a quick check herself. She explained that the reason I was asked back was because (just as I had suspected) during the last visit she had confused the sides of his brain and which had the spot on it originally. She just wanted to do a double check. And she basically said the same thing as the previous two visits, that's it's really nothing to worry about, and that it has practically resolved itself. The she gave me a few pictures, 2 more (better) profiles, and one of him looking directly at the camera. That one is kinda creepy cause he just looks like a skeleton, you can see his teeth and his nose bone and his eye sockets. TJ had a hard time making anything out, so don't feel bad if you can't see it either. His head is tilted to your right, if that helps. And TJ swears that he has my lips by looking at this profile, I think we'll have to wait and see...

No comments: