"Here I Am!"

"Here I Am!"

Kash's New Website

I have begun Kash's new website. You can find the link to his page in the "Favorite Web Pages" section of this blog. This site will be mostly for uploading photos of him, so you can all see how he's growing. I will also occasionally write journal entries about things he has been experiencing. Enjoy!

Friday, July 11, 2008

35 weeks

STATS:
35 weeks 2 days
Starting weight: 128
Weight: 155
Waist @ bellybutton: 40.5''
Issues: I'm uncomfortable!
How Big Is The Baby This Week? as hefty as a honeydew melon, about 5.25 pounds and 18 inches long.

I had my last bi-weekly doctor's visit this week, from now on I'll be going once a week until the baby's born. She measured my fundal height and it is right on track for 35 weeks, and the baby's heartbeat sounds good as always. She also tested me for strep B, which is a bacteria that some women have; it's not harmful to adults but it can cause problems with the baby so if I test positive they'll have to put me on antibiotics during the labor. She also checked my cervix and said that everything is closed up nice and tight, so it doesn't look like Kash will be coming any time soon. But she did say that she could feel his head down there, so at least we know he's in the right position. We talked a little bit about what my birth plan was so that she could get an idea of how I would like everything to happen and what I'm up for.

As I mentioned in my stats, I guess I'm finally in the uncomfortable stage. I can't sleep all that well anymore, and I can't really find a comfortable position to sit, stand, or lay in to watch TV. But I'm most uncomfortable at work, I'm not sure if it's all the sitting or what, but I can't wait to go on maternity leave just for the simple fact that I'm almost always in pain while I'm there. I've also noticed that I've finally started having trouble moving. I walk just a little bit slower than usual, and taking a shower takes a whole lot of energy.

TJ has begun to display some more sympathy symptoms this week. Most pregnant women do some nesting before the baby gets here, which I guess is their instinct kicking in to get the house ready for the baby. They'll do things like clean in places that don't usually get thought about, and organize drawers and cabinets. Well last week TJ emptied out our outside storage closet, the two hall closets, and the nursery closet and either threw out or moved everything to storage. We also bought some new pots for the kitchen and when putting them away he ended up rearranging all the things in all the kitchen cabinets. I guess I'm not the only one nesting huh?

No comments: