"Here I Am!"

"Here I Am!"

Kash's New Website

I have begun Kash's new website. You can find the link to his page in the "Favorite Web Pages" section of this blog. This site will be mostly for uploading photos of him, so you can all see how he's growing. I will also occasionally write journal entries about things he has been experiencing. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

39 weeks

STATS:
39 weeks 2 days
Starting weight: 128
Weight: 164!!
How Big Is The Baby This Week? He matches up to a mini watermelon.

Sorry guys, not much to report on again this week. My doctor's appointment went the same as always. She said that I'm a fingertip dilated, 20% effaced, and the baby is at a -2 or -3 station (which means he's still pretty high up). So if he hasn't shown up by my next appointment, which is next Tuesday (and my due date), then we'll have to schedule an induction. My doctor said she doesn't like to let her patients go more than 1 week overdue because the placenta stops working as efficiently, and since the baby is fully developed by then there's really no reason to leave him in there. And that's just fine with me! However, if I have to be induced that means I more than likely have to get an epidural, which I was going to try really hard to avoid if he comes naturally. The drugs that are used to induce labor cause more painful contractions than you would have otherwise; and those painful contractions begin a lot earlier in the labor with an induction, so epidurals are usually necessary unless you're some kind of wonder woman. But being induced would be nice considering the fact that I would know exactly when it's going to happen, you know I like to have a plan. No rushing to the hospital or having my water break in public.

TJ and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary this week. I was afraid that Kash would show up on that day, I didn't want to share our anniversary with his birth because I wanted both events to have their own separate days to celebrate on, so I'm glad he didn't show up yet. But any day from here on out would be just fine with me, you hear that Kash?, You can come out now...

No comments: