"Here I Am!"

"Here I Am!"

Kash's New Website

I have begun Kash's new website. You can find the link to his page in the "Favorite Web Pages" section of this blog. This site will be mostly for uploading photos of him, so you can all see how he's growing. I will also occasionally write journal entries about things he has been experiencing. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

29 weeks

STATS:
29 weeks 3 days
Starting weight: 128
Weight: 150
Waist @ bellybutton: 39''
Issues: Baby likes to wedge his feet up in between my ribs.
How Big Is The Baby This Week? he weighs as much as a butternut squash.


Kash had his first set of hiccups over the weekend. They were very rhythmical pulsations in the same spot, but they were much faster than I thought they would be, so at first TJ and I were a little freaked out. I guess I expected them to be more like our hiccups, with more of a pause in between each one, but these were quickly one after another. Though after I thought about, it seemed normal that they would be that fast, since their heartbeat is faster than ours too. They went on for quite a long time, and just when I thought he was done, they'd start back up again. But hiccups are a good sign, so I didn't mind. It means he has begun to practice swallowing the amniotic fluid in order to get his body ready for the outside world.

I had another doctor's appointment this week, I told her about all my "issues" and she gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer to help my back and to help me sleep better (I just now started having difficulty getting a good night's rest). She said I need to keep something on my feet at all times while I'm standing on them, whether it be shoes or slippers, just so that the bottoms have extra cushion, they are after all carrying around 22 extra pounds. She said that should keep them from hurting me like they did when I cleaned the house last week. However, she said there's not much I can do about my rib pain, they're being stretched apart, so it's just going to hurt. She listened to the baby's heart on the doppler again, everything sounds fine. And she repeated what the ultrasound doctor had told me, that the brain spec has resolved itself and no worries are necessary. She also said that Kash is currently measuring in the 62nd percentile for his growth, which she said is about average. So all looks good!

Oh, and the dermatologist gave me the results of the mole they removed a few weeks ago, it is atypical, which means the cells have begun to change, so they want to take more of the surrounding skin out. Its not cancer or anything like that, they just like to be safe and take the precaution of making sure they get all the affected skin. And the procedure to take care of it is safe for the baby, so no problems there, just another scar to add my canvas.

No comments: